By Sadhvi Kamal Vaishnav
Does the colour of one’s skin, physical appearance and financial status decide the level of success one achieves in life? Or is it the moral framework of a person and their intelligence that leads to success? What is the key to success and happiness in life? To live a life of your choice, you need to start making efforts in that direction. Hardship and suffering should not deter a person from the chosen path.
No one achieves anything automatically. Besides the usual hardships, there are many external factors that impact our growth like colour of skin, physical appearance or material status. But internal qualities are really what are required to make us successful and happy. We need to understand and appreciate what one has received, to fully cherish it.
Therefore, before embarking upon a new venture, journey or project, do some soul-searching. Ask yourself these questions:
–Why am I doing this?
–What are the consequences?
–Will I be able to succeed 100%?
Once you have decided on moving forward with an idea after doing a lot of critical thinking about all the aspects of your life, step up your preparations keeping in mind the following guidelines to achieve success:
1) Put your energy into creating a future while living in the present.
2) Learn from past mistakes; avoid repeating them.
3) Never try to run away from the hurdles you face.
4) Face your problems and overcome them with determination.
5) Befriend people who have a similar outlook as yours.
6) Education is your best friend. It empowers you, generates new ideological energy and sharpness to perform daunting new tasks.
7) One should be honest and simple but avoid falling prey to selfish mentality of others.
8) Whatever you start with, ensure its completion. Even if the end-result is zero, this experience will definitely add to your success in life. Do not leave any task incomplete due to fear of failure.
9) Make a strategy before starting any work; how you will execute it.
10) Study religious texts; they will purify your thoughts.
11) Be positive and prudent.
12) Success is found only in silence. Wise people speak because they have something to say, whereas fools speak because they have to say something.
13) Overcome ignorance by befriending knowledge.
14) Do not share your secrets with anyone.
15) Choose your friends carefully.
16) The biggest challenge in the path of success is one’s own nature.
17) Nature examines a person’s ability, like an exam. For example, there’s an interview before any job. So get rid of faults in your own personality to achieve success.
18) Hard work and concentration are the first steps towards success.
19) In case of failure, change the strategy, never change the target.
20) Whatever religion one follows, it must be followed spiritually. By means of chanting, austerity, fasting and meditation, one stays in contact with the formless divine power and develops a positive outlook. This way one can cultivate qualities like service, generosity and humility.
These virtues make life simple and relaxed. Such people are not comfortable in the company of those who blaspheme, conduct meaningless conversations, and pass on negative thoughts. Such associations should be discarded at the earliest.
By adopting these guiding principles, all of us can smoothly move forward, on the path of a happy and successful life.
DISCLAIMER : Views expressed above are the author’s own.