Documents needed if on road during lockdown

NEW DELHI: As curbs under CrPC section 144, which bars assembly of four or more people, remained in place amid a nationwide lockdown, here is a list of documents you need to have in order to be out on road.
Government personnel in the exempted category require identity card issued by the government
Those who do not need any movement passes
* Individuals going to nearby stores to buy essential food items and medicines or going for emergency health consultation. Not more than two persons can be together
* Individuals engaged in ongoing agricultural, animal husbandry and fisheries activities
Those who require ID cards by their employers only
* Medical personnel, nurses, para-medical staff and other personnel of all healthcare establishments
* Workers of electricity, water, conservancy services, banks and other public utilities, including those dealing with petroleum, LPG, CNG
* Employees of print and electronic media as well as those associated with delivery of newspapers
* Railway/port/airport personnel and vehicles in connection with the movement of essential commodities and cargo
Those who require authorization letters by employers, endorsed by police/local SDO
* Personnel associated with distribution of essential commodities under PDS, hyper marts, super stores, e-commerce platforms, home delivery of food

  • Download

    The Times of India News App for Latest City News

  • Subscribe

    Start Your Daily Mornings with Times of India Newspaper! Order Now

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Next Post

TOI clears doubts of its readers on the lockdown

NEW DELHI: Lockdown doubts? Write to us. We begin today by clearing doubts of our readers. With various queries and rumours circulating regarding the coronavirus lockdown, to make your life easy, TOI invites its readers to send their queries at We will seek answers from Delhi Police and other […]

Subscribe US Now